- Fire clean up
- Smoke clean up
- Smoke damage repair
- Puff back services
- Hydroxyl (gets rid of smell)
- Packout – we will remove your belongings from the affected area and store them in our climate-controlled warehouse
- Soot cleanup
Once you call us, we will be there withing 2 hours.
Mishaps may happen any time even when you least expect them to happen. Fire mishaps can be devastating as they can cause severe damage. The damage caused by fire are not only reserved to property but also can destroy treasured memories and be emotionally painful. It is very important to hire a highly experienced fire & smoke damage restoration company that would help recover and restore the damages.
Fire may break out in your home due to any number of reasona. You must know the different types of fire before you get restoration services. They are discussed below:
1. Fire can ignite as a result of flammable solids like wood, cloth, rubber, paper and plastic items.
2. Fire can also be caused by flammable liquids or solids that can be liquefied after catching fire. The items that fall under this category are gasoline, wax, paint, and plastic.
3. The third category of fire that can burn the house is flammable gasses which include hydrogen, butane, propane and other natural gas.
4. The fourth fire category is when the fire starts due to combustible metals like sodium, potassium and magnesium.
5. The fifth type of fire is similar to the first and second types; however, there is a slight difference that is it involves electrical elements. This often happens unexpectedly. It could be caused by a backup of dryer lint, or even an extension cord that is only plugged into a socket but not an appliance.
6. The sixth type of fire breakout at home results from fats and cooking oils. This type of fire breakout is similar in nature to the second type but its nature is more severe. The fire caught by cooking oils and fats cause severe damage as they are significantly hotter.
The damages caused by a fire breakout at home can be divided into two categories – first, damages caused by fire; second, damages caused by smoke. We must understand that there is a difference between smoke damage and fire damage.
The flame of a fire that breaks out in a home is the primary factor of damages and destruction. However, the smoke that is emitted by burning materials is also a great source of damage . Smoke also has the ability to burn certain items. Smoke can also permeate certain materials causing them to become discolored and emit a bad odor. They also leave behind a buildup of caustic residue. Read below to know about smoke that is formed after burning of certain materials.
1. The first type of smoke is wet smoke that is created in a low temperature fire that burns slowly. Known as wet smoke, it creates a thick and sticky film of residual matter that can build up on surfaces. It emits strong odors, so it is very difficult to clean the residue and remove bad odors caused by this type of smoke.
2. Dry smoke is the second type of smoke that can be emitted when materials burn at very high temperature. This smoke is caused after a lot of damage; however, the residue can be cleaned from the solid surfaces very easily. If the powdery substance gets into cracks or porous substances in your home then it would cause a bad odor to fill the room. It is a difficult task to clean them on your own. So you should consider hiring a fire & smoke damage restoration expert for excellent services.
3. The third type of smoke is caused when food and organic materials are burnt and is known as protein smoke. This type of smoke forms soot that is generally light in color, so it is not easy to see it but one can feel it. The odor emitted by smoke is quite disturbing and it can permanently discolor wooden surfaces.
4. The fourth smoke type is petroleum smoke that appears to be dark and can badly stain and discolor materials it touches.
We are an expert fire and smoke damage restoration York company. We have a professional team that offers excellent services to restore and recover damage caused by fire and smoke so you can get back to living your life fast. If your home has been affected by fire breakout, then you should call us for professional services.